Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Sick Diaries

Entry #1-

So I've been sick for over a week now; sore throat, headaches, body aches, fever, coughing, and sleepless nights. Awesome.

I was recently at the doctor with my host mom to get myself checked out and make sure it's nothing serious. Thankfully they said it's just a virus that should go away soon, so they prescribed me an antibiotic and some vitamins. Nothing too bad. Oh yeah, and tea.

A heads up to anyone who decides to come to Europe, they drink a LOT OF TEA. I mean a LOT. It's some kind of tea epidemic over here! It's not so bad though, it's actually pretty good so I don't mind it all that much.

My birthday was last Monday (November 10th) so I am officially 19 AND older than all of the students in my city's Rotary clubs, woohoo! I didn't have much of a celebration, a few of my friends just took me out for coffee after school, and then we walked around the city for a while. But I had to go to a Rotary meeting that evening so I didn't get to celebrate too much. They give us a free dinner there though, and it's usually reeaally good, so I didn't complain! I was planning on having an actual birthday party next weekend though (Nov. 21/22 Friday or Saturday) because this weekend (Nov. 15-17 Saturday-Monday) I was suppose to go with my host mother to Martin, SK to see her parents. Buuuuut here I am, sick. So that didn't happen.

Spending the past 3 or 4 days inside I've been wondering what to post about. This entry is just a bit of an informative one, but I think next I'll just share with you the pictures I've taken of this beautiful country since I've been here! Get ready for picture-overload!

-E.

No comments:

Post a Comment