Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year's Tidings

Here are some entries I made in my journal about my travels for this Christmas/New Years holidays -

"Stansted London Airport
End of Christmas vacation in Glasgow, Scotland"

"Scotland is absolutely beautiful, I can't wait to go back. It breaks my heart that I have to leave..."

"I hate airports..."

"I'm looking forward to the rest of my time in Slovakia. I can't believe it's only/already been 4 months. Time goes by so fast yet so slowly..."

"I'm really looking forward to what this year has in store for me. This is a year of curiosity and adventures and journeys and new experiences..."

"My New Years Resolutions -

  • stop biting my nails (that'll be a hard habit to curb)
  • don't stress about the little things
  • learn to say "fuck it" when things don't go as planned
  • enjoy the simplicity of things
  • let life take you places - don't be scared of the unknown or the unexpected or the unplanned
  • be open to new experiences
  • learn that it's okay to want things your way, don't let anyone walk over you or tell you that you can't do something
  • reinstate a vegetarian lifestyle
2014 was a really important year for me. A lot of life changing steps were taken -
  • graduating high school
  • leaving home on my own to come to Slovakia to spend this year of my life traveling and learning new things
  • I learned how to move on and let go of the past
  • I'm starting to realize what my life means to me
2014 was a very important year in my life - a huge stepping stone. And now 2015, I'll be hitting the ground and taking off - in ANY direction I want my life to take me. 
I'm going to hit the ground running.
And I'll leave the ground flying."

Happy New Year everyone - may the sun shine on you, may life bring you many extraordinary gifts and surprises, and may you find happiness in your every day.

-E.

No comments:

Post a Comment